Dry Dock Training: 9. – 12. April 2024, Hobart TAS
ADEC Kedge is hosting a Dry Dock Training in collaboration with training provider DM Consulting, recognised worldwide as a leading authority on the dry-docking of ships and vessels.
The Dry Dock Training Course provides in-depth technical guidance on the process of drydocking ships and vessels. The course begins with the basic principles and safety concerns, then progresses through all phases of drydocking; preparation and planning, drydocking, lay period, and undocking. The course ends with a discussion of past accidents.
DM Consulting’s Dry Dock Training Course has accreditation with both The Society of Naval Architects & Marine Engineers (SNAME) and The Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA). Both experienced and inexperienced dry dock personnel have benefited from attending the training.
- Understand the Art and Science of drydocking ships and vessels.
- Understanding different dry dock advantages and disadvantages.
- Introduction to drydocking basics and safety concerns.
- Comprehend universal drydocking and undocking calculations.
- Hands-on course with student participation in projects and practical application exercises.
- Learn from past dry dock accidents and incidents.
Who is this training for?
- Dock Masters/Docking Officers
- Dry Dock crews-Engineers
- Insurance personnel
- Launch/Load Masters
- Marine Surveyors
- Naval Architects
- On-site Representatives
- Owners Representatives
- Port Engineers
- Program/Project Managers
- Shipyard Management
- Others involved/interested in dry docks, drydocking vessels, launching ships, heavy lift operations, and vessel transfers.
Reserve your spot:
Book your accommodation:
Contact the Hobart Travel & Information Centre to book your stay and to get general travel advice.
Phone: +61 (0) 3 6238 4222